Friday, December 26, 2008

I'm Not Dead!!

Really, I'm not. It's just that junior year is...well, quite hard, and quite time-consuming. The main reason for that is the fact that instead of having just one seminar class per week, we now have two, and the readings are on average 80 to 100 pages a week. Someone calculated that we've read about 3500 pages this semester of seminar alone, not counting what we've done in the other subjects. Whew! I am very glad to say, however, that seminar has been one of my favorite classes this year, so I didn't mind too terribly. We've done 8 Shakespeare plays this semester, as well as some Thomas, Machiavelli, Bacon, Descartes, Pascal, Hobbes, and Spinoza. And Don Quixote right at the beginning. Most of the abovementioned guys were screwy in some way or other; I especially disliked Hobbes and Spinoza. A couple of main themes of seminar this semester had to do with the nature of man, and his capability for knowledge and power, with a marked disregard of what God has to do with either of the above. (Which, of course, led to the screwiness.) Anyway, it's really quite interesting stuff.

And then of course there are 5 other subjects as well, with both math and lab having props to some degree. (Supposedly there's going to be a tidal wave of lab props next semester - yikes!) Anyway, all this is mostly to explain why I have disappeared from my poor blog for the last 4 months, and to say that no, I'm not dead, just incredibly busy. :) And now I'm on Christmas break, having just enjoyed a lovely, WHITE Christmas!! Yay for snow!!

Well, there are things to be done, and places to go, so I had better sign off for the present. I hope everyone has a very merry and blessed rest of the Christmas season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home