Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Quickie

So...what *has* happened since February 7? I don't really remember. That tends to happen, I suppose, when one has just been bombarded with a week of Apollonius props, long complicated laboratory readings, Aristotle, the Canterbury Tales, AND an 1800-word-long language paper on the question of whether adjectives or participles are, more properly speaking, parts of speech. I cheated and said they BOTH were. Mr. Berquist can kill me if he likes - I don't care. I mean, I really think they both are, and I gave arguments for it, so...yeah.

We had a good Palm Sunday procession this morning. We sang "All Glory, Laud and Honor," which is one of my favorite hymns EVER, so that made me happy. And then at breakfast some of us were doing palm branch art. The most I can manage is small, somewhat sloppy crosses. The more talented folk were doing braiding, boxed braiding, and...other cool things that I tried and made a mess of. And now I'm looking forward immensely to Holy Week. First of all, break starts on Wednesday after classes, and that, believe me, is a MUCH looked-forward-to event in my life right now. And Holy Week here is just so beautiful anyway. The choir is going to be singing on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and at the Easter Vigil, and I just can't wait. We're doing so much *beautiful* music.

In other news, the senior class is walking on air right now because their theses are finally done. The fear and trepidation is not quite over yet, though, because defenses are currently going on. I shudder to think of the day when that will be me...being *fried* by 3 extremely smart tutors. Speaking of being fried, Don Rags happened somewhat recently, but I actually was NOT fried. They were quite good, as a matter of fact. I didn't think I deserved all those nice things they said...but I'm certainly not complaining.

ANYway, the title of this post indicated that it was going to be short, and so it is (somewhat) because sophomore language papers are due this evening and people are coming in and out of the computer room needing to print papers, so I should probably make way for them. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Holy Week and Easter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home