Sunday, June 13, 2010

Zenyatta

Zenyatta, the mare who won the Breeders Cup Classic last November, raced again today in the Grade I Vanity Handicap at Hollywood Park. She won yet again, bringing her record to a perfect 17 wins and no losses, and breaking the record previously held by Cigar and Citation for most consecutive wins in unrestricted company (16 wins). She is a truly great horse; certainly the best, most exciting horse I've seen in the 13 years I've been following horse racing. I am glad that I got to be at the Breeders Cup Classic to see her in person for her historic win there.

Here is a video of Zenyatta charging late to nab today's Vanity Handicap. (BTW, she has won the Vanity three years in a row - also a difficult thing to do.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home