Friday, May 21, 2010

Girls in White Dresses...

Yes, that is one of my favorite things as well. Especially when the girl is me, and the white dress is a wedding dress. I have spent the last few days going to several different bridal shops and looking at/trying on dresses. Finally, yesterday afternoon, I found The One. I tried on six or seven dresses at the shop, and when I put on the last one, I was like, "Oh yeah, this is it." It took me maybe a minute or two to decide between that one and another one that I had liked from that same store, but once I'd tried both of them on again, I definitely knew that the last one was my favorite. So we got it, along with a veil and a tiara which both match the dress really well. The things are likely to arrive at the store in mid-August, which will leave plenty of time for alterations. Some alterations will be needed, since some parts of my body are a size 8 and others are a size 10. We're going to go with a 10 and have it taken in a little bit in a few places.

Anyway, I'm very excited about having the dress. If you want to see what it looks like, search 'Jasmine couture T345' on Google. If Anthony should happen to read this post...you know you're not supposed to look yet! ;) I'm going to have them put spaghetti straps on it, since I generally feel more comfortable having a strap of some kind on my dresses.

So Anthony is now back in Wyoming, and I'm here in Washington. It's really a bummer having to be apart from each other for six months. He is going to come visit me in about 4 weeks, and I plan to visit him probably around the end of July. I'm really hoping to have another visit from him in September sometime (so that we can go to the Puyallup Fair together!), but we'll have to wait and see whether he can get away from work at that time or not. In the meantime, we e-mail each other quite frequently, plan to send hand-written letters as well when we're feeling especially romantic, and have talked on the phone a couple of times. It's quite amazing - Anthony, the anti-cellphone man, is thinking about getting a cellphone so that he can talk to me more often. That makes me feel special. :)

Well, I've got to go now. Happy Friday, and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home