Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Sparkly Snow

Of course I've seen snow before in my lifetime, but I have to say that I don't think I've ever seen it sparkle as much as it does here. It's so cold that the snow is really frozen and just glitters like diamonds on the ground. It's amazingly beautiful. We have a fairly good view from our house of the fields lying down to the southeast, usually with a few cattle in them, and the thin layer of whiteness that kind of just barely touches everything makes it even more pretty than normal. Sunday morning was so beautiful - there was an early morning fog that covered everything in dew, but when the fog lifted it was still so cold that the dew froze, making the leafless trees look literally completely white. I've never seen anything quite like that in Seattle.

Anyway, this post is kind of rambly, but the main point of it is me being delighted about the beautiful Wyoming winter. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds really wonderful. Wish I could see it too. BTW your About Me still says you are in Washington.

Dad

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home