Friday, December 03, 2010


Well, since the last time I wrote, I got married, went to Hawaii, moved to Wyoming, and am now nursing my sick husband. He has something akin to the flu - fever, sore throat and coughing, stomach ache...yeah. I keep trying to feed him medicine, applesauce, chicken broth and 7-up, but so far we've only made a little progress (fever is gone and he says he feels slightly better than he did yesterday). So please, prayers that he would get better quickly would be much appreciated.

Anyway, the wedding went off quite well as far as I could tell. At the very least, I'm married now and I wasn't beforehand! ;) I wasn't really paying attention to details on the day of, but everything seemed to work out as planned, for which I was extremely grateful. I was so happy to see so many of my friends there, old and new, and was so happy that they all seemed to have a good time and liked the ceremony and reception. I especially appreciate the many kind words, cards, and gifts which we received. Believe me, we are very grateful. :)

The trip to Hawaii was fun. We hiked, drove around, went to Pearl Harbor, and swam in the ocean among other things. Anthony had an encounter with a sea urchin which wasn't very pleasant at the time it happened, but he quickly recovered from the sting and already it's something we laugh about. :) It was so nice to be able to walk around everywhere and have it be so delightfully warm at the end of November! I got a cute little Hawaiian dress in order to better enjoy the atmosphere. :) We had Thanksgiving there and went out to a little restaurant close to our hotel that had a Thanksgiving dinner special. It had all the traditional food in it - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, candied yams, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie to top it off. Quite yummy.

Our next stop was a brief visit to TAC. It was SO nice to see everything again, and to visit with some friends. We got to sing in the choir on Sunday morning, and that was wonderful. I didn't realize how much I missed doing that. We also drove around Ventura and Santa Paula, visiting all our old haunts. *sigh* Sometimes I really miss the college days. Anyway, we managed to miss our flight to Seattle on Monday morning, and after much waiting, running around, and frustration, got booked on a 6:30 p.m. flight and so finally made it home around 9:30 in the evening.

The next day, we packed everything up and set out for Wyoming. About 30 minutes after leaving my parents' house, we hit snow, and from then on out there was snow all the way to Wyoming. It got less and less snowy as we went (which was good, since we made much better time). We stopped the first night in Spokane, and then made it the rest of the way on Wednesday.

So now we are here in our home in Wyoming, and I'm trying to set up house, open wedding presents, unpack and put everything away, do laundry, get groceries, cook, throw away/burn massive amounts of garbage and wrapping paper, all while watching over a truly miserable-looking Anthony. I'm beginning to get a little lonely doing all this by myself... :( Once again, prayers for a quick recovery are appreciated.

I hope all of you are well; have a blessed Advent season!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home