Thursday, October 28, 2010

Law and Order

A few weeks ago I decided to watch an episode of "Law and Order". I have been following "Without a Trace" (a crime drama about the NY missing persons unit of the FBI) for a while now, and find it entertaining for the most part. "Law and Order" also being a crime drama, I decided to give it a try. The first few episodes I saw were alright, but then they started trying to bring an agenda into it. I have seen, within the last week, an episode in favor of assisted suicide, two episodes in favor of homosexual acts and gay "marriage", an episode mocking high school students committed to chastity, and an episode mocking people who protest against our hypersexualized culture. The criminals in the latter two episodes, of course, ended up being the leaders of the chastity group and the anti-culture-of-sex group, respectively. Both of the pro-gay episodes portrayed Christians as being radical hate-mongers who beat up and killed gay people and led violent protests screaming that queers would burn in hell. In all these episodes, God and religion were treated dismissively, and people of faith were portrayed at best as misguided and foolish, and at worst as I described above.

The ironic thing about all of this is that the situation is really just the opposite of how it's portrayed. I don't know when the last time was that the producers of the show went to the Walk for Life in SF, or to any other similar event, but if they did, they'd quickly find out who really is normal, rational, and peaceful, and who is violent, radical, and hateful.

At any rate, my apologies to "Law and Order", but I'm going to be sticking with "Without a Trace" from now on. At least, that is, until I get married. My future husband and I are not going to have a TV in the house, and the more I see of TV shows these days, the happier about our decision I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home