Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Advertisements on the Side Bar

I noticed after I published my last post that an ad popped up in my sidebar for the United Church of Christ. I would like to say - I don't have much control over what ads appear on the site, so I will personally publish a post any time one comes up that I disagree with. The United Church of Christ is NOT the church that Jesus founded. The only church that can claim that merit is the Catholic Church. Our pope is descended (through the laying on of hands) directly from St. Peter himself, and our bishops from the apostles. This is why we call our church "apostolic". The doctrines we believe today are those which have been believed for hundreds of years by the faithful, even if they may not have been officially declared. These doctrines, though perhaps some are not named explicitly in Scripture, are all taught therein, and affirmed throughout the ages by Fathers, Doctors, and other great teachers of the Church. See this link if you wish to read some of the early Christian writings and discover how close to the time of Christ they were actually written.

"I believe in one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic Church." --The Nicene Creed

"I believe in the holy Catholic Church." --The Apostles Creed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home