Sunday, April 29, 2007

Blehhh...

The title of this post accurately reflects my general condition/mood right about now. There has been a lot of stuff going on around here lately, and I am *tired.* So on Wednesday morning I was scheduled to do the Death Star prop in math class. I studied it like crazy, practiced demonstrating it on the chalk board, and then successfully got really nervous about doing it the morning of. I borrowed a "jedi cloak" from a friend of mine to wear while doing it. So we got done with the prop before mine, talked about it for a bit, and then Mr. Walz announced that we were now "moving to Darth Vader's home." So I got up, and what do you think started playing from someone's laptop computer hidden under the table? You guessed it. The Imperial March. So I decided I'd better make this dramatic. I pulled the hood of the cloak all the way over my face and walked up and down in front of the board a couple of times swirling the cloak. The class thought that was hilarious, judging from the way they were laughing. So I started to write, and do you know what happened? On the most glorious, most infamous prop of the whole book, the one you can least afford to mess up on if you get it, do you know what just *had* to happen to me, who had never yet messed up on/declined a prop?

I aced it.

Ha! I bet you thought I was going to say I totally forgot the whole thing and made a fool of myself. No, no, no. It went really well, actually. There was this one part where for just a couple of seconds I forgot what came next, but then I remembered really quick and went on with it. Everybody clapped at the end. It was pretty cool. :)

Yeah, so yesterday we had the Spring Formal dance, which was put on by the freshmen. Unfortunately, for all that it was supposed to be my class's dance, I knew next to nothing about it. That was mostly because the the powers that be (were? be? I don't know) decided that they only needed a select few individuals to help out until Saturday afternoon. Problem for me, because on Saturday, the one day I could've helped, I was at a cast party for my musical all afternoon. So I basically had no idea what was going to happen at "our" dance until I got there. But that was okay. It turned out to be a really good dance, I thought. The entertainment was hilarious. I almost killed myself laughing. The food was really good, too. And the dancing was a blast. I danced a lot, and they played all my favorite songs (Crazy Little Thing Called Love, With or Without You, Lovers' Waltz, Bei Mir Bist Du Schon, etc.). I stayed up waaaaay too late. The sum total of the amount of sleep I've gotten since Friday is 8 hours. And now I'm coming down with a cold/cough thing too. Arrrgh! Oh well...I'll live.

Anyway, I'd better sign off for tonight. God Bless you all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you, next time help out with your own classes dance!!! JK, glad you had fun, and liked it. We all worked hard, to rub it in one more time!!! - dagny

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home